- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- I remove the seeds from my Scotch Bonnet Peppers to reduce the heat level. This way you'll get all the fresh flavor and some heat, but not a crazy amount of heat.
- You can add a teaspoon of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes and I think it heightens the other flavors.
- To let this salsa have the best flavor, put it in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for a couple of hours
<strong>Helpful Tools for this Recipe</strong>
<a href="https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Mason-Quilted-Jelly-Bands/dp/B00B80TK2K/ref=as_sl_pc_as_ss_li_til?tag=gourmet068a-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=3d37e600f1f292769c6399768c498f30&creativeASIN=B00B80TK2K">Mason Jars </a>
<a href="https://www.amazon.com/Spice-Jungle-Scotch-Bonnet-Peppers/dp/B01DI0LTX0/ref=as_sl_pc_as_ss_li_til?tag=gourmet068a-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=8d7d9281a22a082485015d8759f88d4b&creativeASIN=B01DI0LTX0">Scotch Bonnet Pepper</a>
<a href="https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFC3516CU-Processor-Contour-Silver/dp/B01LX8I3R3/ref=as_sl_pc_as_ss_li_til?tag=gourmet068a-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=e7bfbf48fe48bd126c3599062d970247&creativeASIN=B01LX8I3R3">Mini Food Processor</a>
You might also like