- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, salt and yeast mixture.
- Stir in enough flour until dough leaves the sides of bowl and is soft (do not knead).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down the next morning.
- Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down on greased baking sheets.
- Curve ends to form crescents.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
You might also like