- 1 chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled ground tomatoes in paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 7 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup Pinot Noir Wine
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- In large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, sugar, wine, and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh basil and parsley, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on pasta.
You might also like