- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt with active cultures
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into a pan, and heat over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan and milk is just below the boiling point.
- Do not let the milk boil.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Skim off any skin that forms on the milk.
- Pour the cooled milk into a yogurt maker, and stir in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Cook according to manufacturer's directions, or at least 4 hours.
- If desired, strain yogurt through a fine sieve or
coffee filter to remove the whey, and return to the yogurt maker.
- Refrigerate the yogurt overnight or another 8 hours to thicken further.
You might also like