- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil.
- If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir the flax egg mixture into the mashed beans.
- Mix in bread crumbs and the quinoa until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
- Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side.
- If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
You might also like